Your girl must be growing fast. She now understands the meaning of date. Before she goes out with anyone else, FATHERS! be her first date.
The researchers from National Center for Fathering found out through studies that daughters seek love, admiration, understanding, trust. more talks and time from their fathers. So this Valentine’s Day fulfill your daughter’s needs. Here are the steps for a beautiful date so that you can win over your daughter.
- Pick up a beautiful dress for your daughter. Surprise her by gifting the dress and asking for date. You will be surprised to see her reaction. She will be overjoyed with the surprise.
- Decide the venue and time for date with your daughter. She might have some choices. You can also arrange a breakfast at home or go out for fine dining, as your daughter wish.
- Start preparing for the date. Dress up nicely for the occasion. A good sport look with jeans and t-shirts or a gentleman look with proper suit. Anything will do. Just let your daughter know that the date is serious.
- If your daughter choose to have breakfast at home, wake up early and prepare the table nicely. The breakfast should have all of her favorites. In case you do not cook order from outside. Do not forget to get her favorite ice-cream.
- Pick her up at the door. Walk out of the house and knock the door. Gift her flowers. Act in the most gentleman way to let your daughter realize the best way she should be treated.
- Before you actually sit down for breakfast or dinner, gift her something. It need not be expensive but something meaningful that she would remember for years.
- During the date do not act as father. Don’t lecture or advice her. Just listen and enjoy her company. Encourage her. You can talk about earlier dates with her mother. She will be excited to hear your stories.
- While you are on the way back home you can plan for your next date.
- At the end of the date, let her know how much you valued the time spent with her. You can keep a THANK YOU note under her pillow.
This will be her lifelong cherishing memories. Be her super hero! Be her FIRST DATE!